|The Beano - Issue 3580 £1.50|
PG 1: Front Cover (Featuring Dennis and Gnasher as well as Obama)
PG 2: Contents
PG 3: Dennis and Gnasher - Barrie Appleby
|Dennis and Gnasher - Barrie Appleby|
PG 6: The Numskulls - Barry Glennard
PG 8: The Bash Street Kids - David Sutherland
PG 10: Meebo and Zuky - Laura Howell
PG 11: Gimme! Gimme!
PG 12: Minnie the Minx - Ken Harrison
PG 14: Billy Whizz - Nick Brennan
PG 15: Next Time
PG 16: Gnasher Poster
PG 18: Ball Boy - Dave Eastbury
PG 19: Beano Retro Shop
PG 20: Retro Beano (Dennis the Menace - Davey Law)
PG 22: Fred's Bed - Tom Paterson
PG 24: Beano V.I.P.
PG 26: B.F.G. (Britain's Funniest Gag)
PG 27: Gnash-ional Treasure - Nigel Parkinson NEW!
PG 28: Roger the Dodger - Barrie Appleby
PG 30: Advertisement - The Dandy (Boo - Andy Fanton)
PG 31: Advertisement - Rio
PG 32: Back Page: Advertisement - Legend of the Guardians
Now I see why people are annoyed with this week's, having Obama on the front cover and politicians inside but really I don't see a problem in it... It's a one-off of these appearing, they're not like Harry Hill who appears annoyingly in the Dandy EVERY WEEK! It's just a harmless celeb making an appearance, nothing wrong with that...
Anyway, on with the review!
- Dennis and Gnasher - 10/10
- Great story with lots of menacing plus a fantastic caricature of Obama!
- The Numskulls - 8/10
- It was okay, not too funny but certainly not as bad as most week's...
- The Bash Street Kids - 10/10
- Very good, although I would've liked to see the Florence as the nurse but then the story wouldn't work...
- Meebo and Zuky - 9/10
- Absolutely horrible! Fantastic artwork with a disgusting but great storyline!
|Minnie the Minx - Ken Harrison|
- Not bad, seemed to drag on a bit though, got a bit bored plus i don't like it when the Teacher gets all gullible and acts dumb... Silly Teacher... Lovely artwork though, loved the planet list in Panel 2 with Pluto crossed out!
- Billy Whizz - 10/10
- Nice idea plus I loved the part where Bob rang Billy and the Billy appeared behind him within a frame! Great humour!
- Ball Boy - 10/10
- The artwork = Fantastic, storyline = fantastic, characters = fantastic, well done Dave Eastbury, you have and well and truly blew me away.
- Fred's Bed - 9/10
- Great idea, I loved how Fred went back in time to stop Fred and then the crazy ending with the confusing but funny Fred paradox idea of Fred stopping Fred stopping Fred to end up in detention.
- Gnash-ional Treasure - 9/10
- I liked it but what I didn't get was why Gnasher was at 10 Downing Street in the first place, very confusing, but still great ending with nice artwork by Nigel.
- Roger the Dodger - 9/10
- Well 1) It's not a reprint, thank goodness! And 2) The artwork is fantastic, unfortunately the storyline isn't as good but still a nice idea.
Now there isn't a very big character roster this week but still look, NO REPRINTS!
Anyway next week is a 40 Page Lego special (second Lego special we've had now and you get exactly the same free gifts as last year), I think it'll cost £2.50 but hopefully it'll be worth it with 40 pages of comic strips instead of the dreaded issue a few months ago also known as the 'Advert Special'
The Beano, on sale now for only £1.50.
Pictures found on George Shiers' Blog.