Stuff!

Saturday 30 April 2011

The Dandy - Issue 3532

The Dandy - Issue 3532
Hooray! Another brilliant Dandy! I look forward to this comic every week! :D


Okay, first of all I'll mention that this week's issue was the Royal Wedding Special (as was the Beano's), luckily it didn't cost us any extra. Anyway on with the contents:


PG 1: Front Cover: Bananaman! - Wayne Thompson
PG 2: Jokes - Jamie Smart
PG 3: What's Inside? (With Desperate Dan and Clown Wars) (Minigame: Find 3 Clowns in this week's issue)
PG 4: Harry Hill's Real Life Adventures in TV Land - Nigel Parkinson
PG 6: Kid Cops - Lew Stringer
PG 7: Madvertisment: Commemomemomorative Happy Couple Confetti - Wayne Thompson
PG 8: The Mighty Bork - Wayne Thompson
PG 9: Shorts: Britain's NOT Got Talent - Karl Dixon, Simples! 101 Ways to use a Meerkat (No. 76) - Duncan Scott, Freddy the Fearless Fly - Phil Corbett, Thor - Andy Fanton
PG 10: Bananaman - Wayne Thompson 
PG 12: Justin Beaver - Stu Munro
PG 13: Yore - The Etherington Brothers
PG 14: Bone-O - Mike Donaldson
PG 15: Dress-up: The Royal Wedding Kit - Nigel Auchterlounie
PG 16: The Arena of Awesome (Wizard VS Caveman) - Jamie Smart
PG 18: Puzzle: Dog Show - Phil Corbett
PG 19: Shorts: Grampire - Andy Fanton, Simples! 101 Ways to use a Meerkat (No. 77) - Duncan Scott, Thor - Andy Fanton, Britain's NOT got Talent - Karl Dixon
PG 20: Dandy Subscription Page
PG 21: Thingummyblob - Jamie Smart
PG 22: The Bogies (Slime Miner) - Nigel Auchterlounie 
PG 23: Mailbag
PG 24: Advert: Dandy's Youtube Channel/WWE Kids 
PG 25: Korky the Cat - Phil Corbett
PG 26: Clown Wars - Nik Holmes
PG 27: Madvertisement: Royal Wedding Memorabilia - Nigel Auchterlounie
PG 28: Space Dogz - Nigel Auchterlounie
George VS Dragon - Andy Fanton
PG 29: Shorts: Thor - Andy Fanton, Simples! 101 Ways to use a Meerkat (No. 78) - Duncan Scott, Britain's NOT got Talent - Karl Dixon, Professor Dandy's World of Facts - Nigel Auchterlounie
PG 30: George VS Dragon - Andy Fanton
PG 31: Next Time (Harry Hill's Real Life Adventures in TV Land, Justin Beaver, Bone-O, Britain's NOT got Talent)
PG 32: Back Page: Desperate Dan - Jamie Smart


Okay, another great issue, I'm torn between George VS Dragon, Grampire, Justin Beaver, Arena of Awesome, The Mighty Bork, Thingummyblob and Bananaman on this one, they were all great! Other good strips included Thor, Space Dogz, The Bogies, Yore and surprisingly Harry Hill. Worst strip this week being either Korky the Cat, Freddy the Fearless Fly, Simples! or Bone-O. Kid Cops was pretty good as was Clown Wars and Britain's NOT got Talent...


RATINGS:


HARRY HILL'S REAL LIFE ADVENTURES IN TV LAND - 9/10
A very funny story surprisingly, really enjoyed it!


KID COPS - 9/10
A good storyline but I wasn't too keen on Lew's artwork this week.


THE MIGHTY BORK - 10/10
Okay, so it was basically the same as last week's but I really liked this week's! Some beautiful artwork once again by Wayne.


BANANAMAN - 10/10
Yippee! 2 pages of Bananaman! This is more like it, 1 pagers aren't very good, not enough action... Some lovely artwork by Wayne, absolutely beautiful in fact.


JUSTIN BEAVER - 10/10
The story was brilliant but once again the story wasn't the best bit, the fact that Justin Beaver is also a 'find the comic cameos' game just makes it brilliant, plus how much effort goes into each one! This week (with the help of Stu himself) I found Olly the Octopus from 'Desert Island Dick' (Topper), Dragon from 'George VS Dragon' (Dandy), A Dodge Book from 'Roger the Dodger' (Beano), Foxy (Topper) (I thought at first that it was Wolfy from Maw, Paw and Porky/Porky in the Beezer), a brilliant hidden cameo by Pop from 'Pop, Dick and Harry' (Beezer) as 'Mr Big, Boss of Records' and Rafael from 'Teenage Mutant Ninja/Hero Turtles' hiding under a drain. Brilliant stuff!


YORE - 9.5/10
Seemed to go on a bit but still a great strip, I love Doombar! :D


BONE-O - 7.5/10
One which seemed to cause a bit of confusion this week as no one seemed to understand why Mike had made the 'Hot Dog Man' become a flying dog. Still the artwork was lovely and I really like hsi style.


THE ARENA OF AWESOME - 10/10
Once again this week's was not promoted in any way whatsoever, yet it has become one of my most favourite AoA's since the strip began (The others being Mutant VS Shakespeare and Skater VS Knight (I also loved Simon Cowelly VS David Hasseldyhoff)) For some reason the last three panels make me laugh every time, I also love the line "You.. hit me. On my brilliant head." Also "No really, can I call my agent?" was also very funny. :D


THINGUMMYBLOB - 10/10
Grampire- Andy Fanton
BOBBLY WOBBLIES! WOBBLY BOBBLY BOO!! WOBBLE BOB!, BOOBLY WOOBLY! WOOBLE BOOBLE BLUB BLUB! Thingummyblob. I love you. Loved the lines "Darn you, Thingummyblob! YOU'RE a famous rock star and I'm sitting here eating cereal in my pants." and "HELLOOO!" I love this strip so much. <3


THE BOGIES - 9/10
I laughed at the bit with Prince Harry saying "Ha, ha! Marian!" Dunno why but I found that very funny. I found Nigel's artwork pretty poor this week, seemed quite rushed, especially Panels 12 and 13. 


KORKY THE CAT - 6/10
Oh dear. Phil, what have you done? This week's Korky was utterly dreadful. His artwork was okay-ish but to be honest, his artwork is quite poor, no charm about it, and as for the joke at the end, was it even funny? Phil's scrawly, rushed handwriting also ruins this strip making it basically impossible to read. I had to strain my eyes to read parts of it. And I hate to say it, but Korky was better as a mini strip.


CLOWN WARS - 8/10
Didn't really seem to be a joke or anything of the sort at the end... I liked the 'Johnson and his stinky feet' joke, nice humour here. I love the clown with green hair's face in Panel 4. Looks awesome!


SPACE DOGZ - 9/10
I'm really enjoying Space Dogz! There's hardly ever a joke at the end but the bits in between are the best, I mean The Kid asking why there's a 'Z' in space Dogz is brilliant and how while Mr Jack is looking for the bounty hunter, The Kid and Captain Cat-tastic just discuss why there's a 'Z' in Space Dogz and why it sounds cool than 'S'. I love the line "So how come we're not the Zpace Dogz then?" very funny and good logic! Also I really like the dialogue boxes with the pictures of the next to it, a really good idea! Also Nigel's artwork for this is brilliant, so much detail and charm about it.


GEORGE VS DRAGON - 10/10
Oh dear George, you are an idiot aren't you? This week's George VS Dragon was genius, the artwork, the storyline, the details, everything was brilliant. Best lines were defintely "Morning George, who are you talking to, eh?" and "Fetch the royal plasters!", only thing that saddened me about this week's was that we didn't see Dave the Squirrel or Wirlin, both of which I have really grown to like! Also I love 'Ye List', "Ye Prince's bride (commoner)", "Ye other Prince", "Mr A. Fanton" and "Mr D. Dan" were all very funny! :D


DESPERATE DAN - 9/10
It was okay, wasn't very funny if I'm honest, didn't have Jamie's randomness. Still nice artwork!
Korky the Cat - Phil Corbett
Failed to impress me this week.


BRITAIN'S NOT GOT TALENT (STRIP 1) - 5/5
I really liked this one, nice, cartoony artwork and a good storyline.


SIMPLES! 101 WAYS TO USE A MEERKAT (No.76) - 4/5
Not bad, an okay idea but the artwork was pretty poor.


FREDDY THE FEARLESS FLY - 2/5
For goodness sake, the same storyline ONCE AGAIN (Freddy does tricks, person says there's a fly on my ____ ) it's getting to samey, Phil's Freddy is an embarrassment.  


THOR (STRIP 1) - 5/5
So funny, I was in stitches. Andy's sense of humour is great, just shows you don't need a bad pun to make a comic strip funny. You just need good humour.


GRAMPIRE - 5/5
I love this oldie! He looks really sweet and awesome, all his stories are funny plus he's a vampire past his sell by date! What's not to love about that?! Andy once again amazes me! :)


SIMPLES! 10 WAYS TO USE A MEERKAT (No. 77) - 1/5
I didn't like it. At all. Nuff said.


Thor - Andy Fanton
THOR (STRIP 2)- 4/5 
Nice artwork but I don't like puns. Sorry Andy.


BRITAIN'S NOT GOT TALENT (STRIP 2) - 2/5
I didn't get it at all. What the hell was going on?!


THOR (STRIP 3) - 5/5
Very funny, not as good as the first one but still great! :D


SIMPLES! 101 WAYS TO USE A MEERKAT - 3/5
ANIMAL CRUELTY! I did not understand this one at all.


BRITAIN'S NOT GOT TALENT (STRIP 3) - 5/5
Very funny. I really liked this one, some nice, cartoony artwork once again by Karl Dixon. Plus a funny joke, excellent!


PROFESSOR DANDY'S WORLD OF FACTS - 3/5
Well, it's nice to see its return but that's about it, this week's story didn't make any sense to me. 


So there you have it, another fantastic issue! You'll be a fool not to get it!


Royal Wedding Kit - Nigel Auchterlounie
The Dandy- Issue 3532, The Royal Wedding Special, on sale now for only £1.50!

No comments:

Post a Comment