Stuff!

Monday 13 December 2010

My Oldest Comic Annual yet!

The Beano Book 1961 - Mine is in
not so good condition... 

I picked up an old annual at Kim's Bookshop today in Chichester.

It was the Beano Book 1961 and I got it for a reasonable £25.00.... The condition isn't amazing, hence why it was quite a low price.... the spine is completely gone, instead replaced with some ugly gaffa tape! D:<

One of my favourite parts about the annual was the contents, sadly now they no longer have a contents but back then, the great Leo Baxendale used to draw some wacky contents pictures! I hope they bring these back!

It features characters like Dennis the Menace (before Gnasher came), Roger the Dodger, Minnie the Minx, Jonah, The Three Bears, Kat and Kanary, Little Plum, The Bash Street Kids, Biffo the Bear, Jimmy and his Magic Patch, General Jumbo, Red Rory of the Eagles and the Iron Fish as well as many more!

No comments:

Post a Comment